Cardiovascular exercise can help you get in better shape, and it can increase the volume of your heart’s left ventricle.
The bad news is that many weight loss hopefuls are not doing cardio the right way.
So here is how to get the most out of your cardiovascular training:
1. Never do more than sixty minutes: In fact, I wouldn’t recommend doing more than thirty minutes. However, if you really want to max out here you can go up to one hour sessions five times per week. Just make sure you don’t go over this limit.
2. Don’t do cardio on an empty stomach: If you train on empty, you will burn through your muscle like a knife through butter. So always strive to have a small snack made up of mostly slow digesting carbohydrates before you train.
3. Do something you enjoy: Cardio counts as anything that gets your heart rate up. Thus, you don’t have to spend your life in a gym running on a treadmill all week. You can do cardio outdoors or in any other situation where your heart rate remains elevated.
4. Don’t stagnate: If you simply do the same type of cardio again and again, you will adapt very quickly. And once this happens results will come to a screeching halt. So make sure you are making conscious efforts to make your sessions harder.
5. Don’t do high intensity cardio all the time: If you do this your body may not be able to recover properly from your cardio training. And if you are concurrently resistance training to lose weight, the cardio stress will limit your recovery from the weight lifting.
6. Never do cardio before weights: Not only is this dangerous, but it will also reduce the amount of fat you burn. You see, to maximize fat loss you have to lift weights with the highest levels of intensity. So avoid doing cardio before your resistance training.
Cardiovascular training can backfire on you very quickly if you don’t use it with caution. So make sure you take heed of the pointers in this article!
Writer Katherine Crawford, a fitness physiologist and recent flabby arms sufferer, teaches how to get toned arms. Unearth how to get sexy arms by exploring her website with shake weight reviews right now!Technorati Tags: beauty, diet, dietary supplements, exercise, fitness, Food, health, medicine, Metabolism, Nutrition, weight loss, weight loss program, Wellness, Women